King’s Wood Gate, Monmouth
King’s Wood Gate is a thriving community of beautiful new homes being built by a range of quality developers including Taylor Wimpey and Barratts in Monmouth.
Following the success of our early phases at King’s Wood Gate, we are delighted to be able to offer a further five x two and three bedroom houses being built by Taylor Wimpey, to buy through the popular Homebuy scheme .
Capsel are the trading subsidiary of Monmouthshire Housing Association (MHA) and are operating the Welsh Government’s Homebuy scheme on MHA’s behalf.
Buying at King’s Wood Gate
Homebuy (also called shared equity) is a scheme that enables you to buy a new home for a fraction of what it is worth. It is intended to help those people able to obtain a mortgage, but is unable to buy a property in Monmouthshire to meet their need, on the open market.
So how does it work?
It works by MHA providing you with an equity loan for 30%, 40% or 50% of a property’s full purchase price, you will then need to get a mortgage for the remaining percentage.
Here’s the simple maths…
- House value £205,000
- To purchase a 50% equity share £102,500
- To purchase a 70% equity share £143,500
With shared equity there are no monthly rent to be paid (not to be confused with shared ownership), so your monthly payments are substantially less than if you bought the property outright.
The property will be 100% in your ownership, you just pay the equity loan back, based on the value of your property at the time of resale.
You will need to pass eligibility and affordability assessments and be able to obtain a mortgage.
For more detailed information about Homebuy, click here: http://www.monmouthshirehousing.co.uk/buyyourhome/
- Stylish, modern fitted kitchen
- Franke Precision Plus Bowl, Pura tap, basket waste, in-line filter and brace
- Laminated square edged worktops
- Electrolux single fan oven with electronic clock
- Electrolux 4 burner, enamel supports gas hob
- Electrolux silver chimney cooker hood
- Stainless steel splashback above hob and to underside of cooker hood
- 150mm high worktop wall upstands
- Roca Contesta steel bath
- Roca super thick front bath panel
- Alto dual control bath taps
- Roca Debba wall hung basin
- Roca Valor pedestal
- Aqualisa Quartz chrome electric shower
- Roca Debba close coupled WC pan
- Half height tiling to all walls
- Shaver unit
- Extractor fan
- Full central heating with thermostatically controlled radiator valves
- Lighting points are pendant fitting unless noted
- Mains operated smoke detectors
- Mains operated Co² alarms
- Mains operated doorbell
- External light
- Ceilings: Flat ceilings painted with white matt emulsion
- Walls: White matt emulsion to walls
- Timberwork: Gloss finish to timberwork
Bids have now been made on all properties below. Should any of the potential purchasers not proceed to purchase, the properties will be re-advertised.
|Plot No||House Type||Price|
|122||Denford – 133 Ternata Drive||£207,500|
|123||Denford – 135 Ternata Drive||£205,000|
|124||Easedale – 137 Ternata Drive||£240,000|
|129||Denford – 139 Ternata Drive||£207,500|
|130||Denford – 141 Ternata Drive||£207,500|
Monmouth is an historic market town on the Welsh border, situated in the heart of the picturesque Wye Valley; a designated area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
It has a thriving town centre with an independent retail sector offering a blend of boutiques and cosmopolitan cafes and restaurants to suit all tastes; along with popular high street chains and cosy pubs – there really is something for everybody.
It also holds an annual Monmouth Festival; one of Europe’s largest free music festivals, and the Monmouthshire Show; the largest one-day show in Wales.
A hive of activities and fun for all ages and tastes are right on the doorstep including Monmouth Golf Club, Wye Butterfly Farm, Wyedean Canoe and Adventure Park as well as The Blake and Savoy Theatres and several museums and castles.
TV star Kate Humble’s ‘Humble by Nature’s’ rural skills centre is also nearby.
Surrounded by breathtaking countryside, scenic walks are aplenty.
It is also within a short distance of a number of excellent schools, including ‘state of the art’ Monmouth Comprehensive School..
King’s Wood Gate has great transport links, it is located within 2 miles of Monmouth town centre and has excellent links to the M4 and M5.
A short drive…
16 miles to Abergavenny
16 miles to Chepstow
24 miles to Newport